Also called engineering technologists, technical engineers support the engineering team as they complete projects. Depending on the field, they may design and test equipment, conduct investigations, and experiments, and develop prototypes. Technical engineers also identify problems, develop strategies, and perform quality control.
Technical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Supporting the engineering team during planning, design, development, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes.
- Analyzing existing systems and operations and developing preventative maintenance strategies.
- Identifying potential problems and notifying the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Monitoring processes, workers, and methods, and developing plans for increased efficiency.
- Conducting required research and developing best practices.
- Coordinating with other Engineers and crew members to ensure quality products are completed on schedule.
- Performing quality control on all projects, writing reports, and making recommendations for improvement.
The technical engineer to build a building consists of several disciplines, including:
- Contruction Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- HVAC Engineer
- Piping Engineer